What Chiropractic Can Do for Kids and Babies
In chiropractic we aim to maintain a child’s health and wellness by restoring the brain-body connection. Through the restoration of brain-body connection we see many childhood conditions have positive results through the use of chiropractic care.
Chiropractors restore connection by specifically checking children for nerve interference (subluxation) affecting the ability of the child’s brain to communicate with their body, subsequently affecting their healing process. This subluxation is a complex of spinal segments that are found to not be moving properly, which influences how the brain perceives and responds to all sensory information (Lelic et al.).
Chiropractic does not claim to cure childhood conditions, but with chiropractic care a child’s healthier functioning brain-body connection can result in the resolution of many conditions. Some of these childhood conditions seen in chiropractic offices include, but are not limited to: asthma, infantile colic, chronic colds, allergies, otitis media, and reflux.
• Lelic, Dina, Niazi, Imran Khan, Holt, Kelly, Jochumsen, Mads, Dremstrup, Kim, Yielder, Paul, Murphy, Bernadette, Drewes, Asbjørn Mohr and Haavik, Heidi. Manipulation of Dysfunctional Spinal Joints Affects Sensorimotor Integration in the Prefrontal Cortex: A Brain Source Localization Study. Neural Plasticity, 2016; 2016: 3704964.
• Alcantara, Joel, Van Roo, Laura, and Oman, Rosemary E. Chiropractic Care of a Pediatric Patient with Asthma, Allergies, Chronic Colds & Vertebral Subluxation. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health - Chiropractic ~ Volume 2009 ~ Issue 3 ~ Pages 1-7.
• Davis, Heather & Byrley, Amy. Correction of Subluxation and Alleviation of Asthma Symptoms in a Pediatric Patient: A Case Study. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health - Chiropractic ~ Volume 2012 ~ Issue 3 ~ Pages 69-73
• Elster, Erin. Sixteen Infants with Acid Reflux and Colic Undergoing Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care to Correct Vertebral Subluxation: A Retrospective Analysis of Outcome. Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health - Chiropractic ~ Volume 2009 ~ Issue 2 ~ Pages 1-7
• Fallon, JM. The Role of the Chiropractic Adjustment in the Care and Treatment of 332 Children with Otitis Media. Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics Vol 2, No. 2 1997 p.167-183.
Learn more about kids and chiropractic, Click Here